Location: Denver, CO
Mentor: Health & Safety Supervisor
Time Period: Summer 2016
Whiting Petroleum is an independent exploration and production Company with an oil focused asset base. This internship position provides opportunities for students to experience practical applications of the energy industry with a focus on environmental regulatory compliance to supplement their classroom learning.
Undergraduate students currently enrolled in an Occupational Safety and Health, or similar, degree program considered. Excellent written and verbal communication skills desired. Experienced with Microsoft Office Suites applications and familiar with databases. Must have current valid driver’s license. Ability to travel required; may travel up to 50% of the time to include some overnight travel. Must have the ability to work with all types of people and situations as well as work well in a team environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Enter accident reports into the ACTs database
- Update safety data sheets into the MSDS Online data management system
- Assist Health and Safety Professionals with industrial hygiene monitoring for noise, hydrogen sulfide and benzene
- Update and maintain safety training records in ACTS, including entering safety meetings, training courses, and any other entry that would fall under “training” in ACTS
- Will create and deliver to Whiting employees a formal presentation of his/her projects and experiences
For more information on internship opportunities at Whiting Petroleum Corporation, please contact Raychel Duncan, Campus Recruiting Coordinator at 303-802-8296 or Raychel.Duncan@whiting.com