Title: Intern (Undergraduate)
Department: Exploration and Development
Location: Denver, CO
Time Period: Summer 2016
Whiting Petroleum is an independent exploration and production Company with an oil focused asset base. This internship position provides opportunities for students to experience practical applications of the energy industry with a focus on geosciences to supplement their classroom learning.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, and Ph.D. candidates currently enrolled in a Geological Sciences, or similar, degree program considered. Excellent written and verbal communication skills desired. Experience with geoscience software applications and databases is a plus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain digital geologic files by updating Petra, Geographix, Microsoft Access and Arcview databases
- Create/Update corporate maps
- Obtain and process geophysical data
- Log well and borehole drilling activity
- Prepare geological maps and cross-sections
- General assistance in preparing PowerPoints, internal reports, and any in-house field trip/training guides
- Will create and deliver to Whiting employees a formal presentation of his/her projects and experiences
For more information on internship opportunities at Whiting Petroleum Corporation, please contact Raychel Duncan, Campus Recruiting Coordinator at 303-802-8296 or Raychel.Duncan@whiting.com