Location: Denver, CO
Mentor: Regional Land Manager
Time Period: Summer 2016
Whiting Petroleum is an independent exploration and production Company with an oil focused asset base. This intern position provides opportunities for students to experience practical applications of the energy industry to supplement their classroom learning.
Undergraduate students and graduate students enrolled in the Professional Land & Resource Management (PLRM) program. Excellent research, writing and communication skills desired.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists Landmen in preparing, processing and managing company-operated and outgoing ballot proposals, including well proposals
- Maintains files related to Land department functions
- Prepares routine correspondence for other’s signatures
- Manages royalty owner issues as required
- Interacts with land, drilling, and operations staff, state and federal agencies, mineral and land owners, etc.
- Reviews, supports and negotiates producing property acquisition and divestitures when directed
- Performs independent, routine or repetitive assignments using a variety of simple techniques and standard work procedures, including data entry
- Will create and deliver to Whiting employees a formal presentation of his/her projects and experiences
For more information on internship opportunities at Whiting Petroleum Corporation, please contact Raychel Duncan, Campus Recruiting Coordinator at 303-802-8296 or Raychel.Duncan@whiting.com